History

Company History

See the company's history between then and now.

~1960's 1946    Manufacturing of shutters started as a small-scale business.
1949 Operation was reorganized as the Copal Koki Co., Ltd. specializing in the manufacture of camera shutters.
1954 Head office and main plant moved to Itabashi-ku, Tokyo.
1955 Belt conveyor system was employed for assembling shutters.
1961 Listed on Second Section, Tokyo Stock Exchange.
1962 Changed company name to Copal Co., Ltd.
1963 Copal Precision Co., Ltd. (currently Koriyama Factory) began operations in Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture.
1965 Blue Ribbon Medal for contribution to the camera industry by improving shutter production technology.
1967 Copal Optical Co., Ltd. (currently Shiojiri Factory) was established in Shiojiri, Nagano Prefecture.
1969 Muikamachi Precision Co., Ltd. (currently Niigata Factory) was established in Muikamachi, Niigata Prefecture.