||* Manufacturing of shutters started as a small-scale business in Nagasaki,
||* Operation was reorganized as the Copal Koki Co., Ltd. specializing in
the manufacture of camera shutters. Capitalization: 600,000 yen.
||* Head office and main plant moved to Itabashi-ku, Tokyo.
||* Belt conveyor system was employed for assembling shutters.
||* Osaka Sales Office was opened.
||* Okochi Award for improvements in camera lens shutters and for mass production of ultra-precision products.
||* Listed on Second Section, Tokyo Stock Exchange.
* Big Ten New Products Award from Nikkan Kogyo Shinbun (Nikkan Industrial
News) for Copal Square Shutter.
* Akashi Memorial Reward from Precision Machinery Institute for development, design, and manufacture of Copal Square Shutter.
* Practical Invention Award from Japan Invention Association for shutter speed control device.
* Award from Ministry of International Trade and Industry for industrial standardization.
||* Changed company name to Copal Co., Ltd.
||* Copal Precision Co., Ltd. (currently Koriyama Factory) began operations
in Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture.
||* Blue Ribbon Medal for contribution to the camera industry by improving shutter production technology. Awarded again in 1974.
||* Award from Mainichi Newspapers for digital clock design.
* Copal Optical Co., Ltd. (currently Shiojiri Factory) was established
in Shiojiri, Nagano Prefecture.
||* Muikamachi Precision Co., Ltd. (currently Niigata Nidec Copal Corp.)
was established in Muikamachi, Niigata Prefecture.
||* Emperor Hirohito and Empress Nagako visited Copal Precision Co., Ltd.
(currently Nidec Copal Corp. Koriyama Factory).
* Copal R&D Laboratory Co., Ltd. was established.
||* Listed on First Section, Tokyo Stock Exchange.
||* Ichinoseki Copal Co., Ltd. (currently Nidec Copal Corp. Ichinoseki Plant) was established in Ichinoseki, Iwate Prefecture.
||* Merged with Copal Precision Co., Ltd.
||* Merged with 5 manufacturing subsidiaries.(Copal Opto-sonic Co., Copal Optical Co., Muikamachi Copal Co., Ichinoseki Copal Co., and Musashino Copal Co.).
* Entered into capital tie-up with Fujitsu Limited.
||* Copal Precision Parts Co., Ltd. (currently Niigata Nidec Copal Corp.)
||* Entered into capital participation arrangement with Fujitsu (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (Copal Division).
||* Copal Precision (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., (currently Nidec Copal (Malaysia) Sdn. Bnd.) was established in Malaysia.
||* Participated in management of Precision Engineered Components Corp. in
the Philippines (currently Nidec Copal Philippines Corp.)
||* Nidec Corp. became the largest stockholder of company and joined the
* Director of the Science and Technology Agency Award for long years of contribution to the camera industry by developing focal plane shutters for cameras.
* Copal Optical and Electronic Machinery (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. was established in Shanghai.
||* Nidec Copal (Vietnam) Co., Ltd. was established in Vietnam.
* Changed name to Nidec Copal Corp.
||* Fujitsu (Thailand) Copal Division, becoming independent as Nidec Copal (Thailand) Co., Ltd. built a new plant and started operations.
* Nidec Copal (U.S.A.) Corp. was established as the sales company of electronic and precision components.
* Nidec Copal (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. was established as the international materials procurement company.
||* Nidec Copal GmbH was established as the sales company of electronic and
precision components in Europe.
* Purple Ribbon Medal in Spring for contribution to the development of focal plane shutters for cameras.
* Nidec Copal (Zhejiang) Corp. established in China.
||* Copal Yamada Corp. was established.
||* New factory for processing and assembling large parts at the Shiojiri Factory site.
||* Fourth new factory established at the Nidec Copal (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.site.
||* Copal Yamada Vietnam Corporation established.
* Technical Center for Machining built on Niigata Nidec Copal Corp.
||Nidec Copal Precision（Vietnam） Corporation was established.
||* Nidec Copal (Hong kong) Co., Ltd. Taiwan Representative office was established.
||* Nidec Copal Precision Parts Corporation
changed name to Niigata Nidec Copal Corp.
||* The new company building completed.
* Became a wholly owned